Home > Wine By Price > Wines up to $19.99 >

Volpaia Chianti Classico 2014 (Tuscany, Italy)
Volpaia Chianti Classico

Reg Price: $25.99
Our Price: $22.00
Sale Price: $18.99

Product Code: W0371


Castello di Volpaia is a medieval village built in the 11th Century on the Florence/Sienna border. Although only part of the protective walls and two of its six towers are still standing, the traditional layout and buildings within the village are intact, making Volpaia one of the best preserved villages from its time. However, this ancient village is not just a piece of history - it is also a fully functional winery. Inside the traditional architecture is advanced winemaking technology, and located beneath the old church is the wine cellar, where the finished wine is matured in Slovenian oak for 12 - 14 months.

Volpaia Chianti Classico is 90% Sangiovese, with the remaining 10% being a blend of Merlot and Syrah. Aged in Slovenian oak for 14 months, this wine offers vibrant red fruit notes and hints of spice that lead to fine tannins, balanced acidity and a lingering, fruit-forward finish.

Product of Italy
Alcohol by Volume: 13.5%

Browse for more products in the same category as this item:

Wine By Price > Wines up to $19.99
Wine By Country > Italy
Wine By Country > Italy > All Italy
Wine By Country > Italy > Tuscany
Wine By Varietal > Red Wine > Sangiovese
Wine By Country
Wine By Price
Wine By Varietal
Wine By Varietal > Red Wine