Castello di Verduno was built in the early 16th Century but wasn't a working winery until the 1800's, when the King commissioned an expert winemaker to produce fine wine composed of the Nebbiolo grape. In 1909 the castle was bought by the Burlotto family, but it was not put to use until Giovanni Burlotto returned home after war in 1950 to find the vineyard abandoned. It was his hard work and determination that has made Castello di Verduno the success it is today.
The Barbaresco is composed of a wide selection of Nebbiolo grapes grown in several estate vineyards in the Barbaresco area. The nose is fresh and clean with aromas of ripe red fruits blended with vanilla and spice. On the palate, refreshing acidity and smooth tannins lead to a long finish.
Product of Italy
Alcohol by Volume: 14%